Book review: Vickers/BAC VC10 Owners’ Workshop Manual
- Credit: Archant
£22.99. Hardback, 196 pages, mixed colour and black & white illustrations
Loved by thousands of enthusiasts all over the world, the full history of this powerful and graceful aircraft is told in wonderful detail by Keith Wilson. Including so many facts and differing insights, the intriguing story of the development of the VC10 unfolds in an easy to read and rewarding style.
Illustrated mainly in colour, the elegance and technical detail of this majestic aircraft is beautifully captured.
First designed, built and operated during the pioneering age of jet engine transportation, the fact that the VC10 then continued in service for a further fifty years is a testament to its versatility and operational reliability. Loved by everyone who operated, travelled in or simply admired her, it is a tragedy that the VC10 was manufactured in such small numbers.
This latest Owners’ Workshop Manual will be appreciated by VC10 fans regardless of their previous level of interest and knowledge. It will certainly be a valuable addition to my own collection.
Review by Henry Dalton
- 1 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter
- 2 NASA's Mars helicopter exceeds all expectations
- 3 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 4 The Penny Pilot: cost-sharing on private flights to avoid commercial regulations
- 5 Diamond DA50 now in the UK
- 6 Ground tests for ZeroAvia's 19-seater’s eco-engine
- 7 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 8 Shapps announces independent body for CAA appeals
- 9 Legal fight over warbird training
- 10 5 of the best summer destinations for pilots | Mediterranean islands & cities