GAMA announces drop in GA aircraft shipments
The General Aviation Manufacturer’s Association (GAMA) has released GA shipment and billing figures for the first quarter of 2012.
The General Aviation Manufacturer’s Association (GAMA) has announced that general aviation aeroplane shipments fell 2.1 per cent during the first quarter of 2012.
369 units have been sold during the first three months of this year, compared to 377 units in 2011.
Total billings for general aviation totalled $3.39 billion - a drop of 8.0 per cent.
Piston-powered airplane shipments totalled 184 units in the first three months of 2012, compared to 188 units delivered during the same time period in 2011 - a 2.1 percent decrease.
Turboprop shipments were up 3.3 percent from 61 units in 2011 to 63 units in 2012.
Business jet shipments totalled 122 units - a 4.7 percent decrease over the 128 units delivered during this same period in 2011.
- 1 Ground tests for ZeroAvia's 19-seater’s eco-engine
- 2 NASA's Mars helicopter exceeds all expectations
- 3 Large Pilot 100i order
- 4 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter
- 5 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 6 The Penny Pilot: cost-sharing on private flights to avoid commercial regulations
- 7 Thomas Castle Scholarship 2022: applications open this Autumn
- 8 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 9 Legal fight over warbird training
- 10 Ryanair to recruit 2,000 pilots
“The first quarter shipment data shows mixed performance across the segments,” said GAMA's President and CEO, Pete Bunce. “One continuing concern is the lack of available financing around the world. An important step forward would be for the U.S. Congress to quickly reauthorise the Export-Import Bank.
“The lending authority of the bank spurs sales, which are essential to revitalising the manufacturing sector. The House passed their version of the legislation yesterday and we urge the Senate to quickly follow-suit."
First three months of shipments of aeroplanes manufactured worldwide
20112012ChangesPistons188184-2.1%Turboprops6163+3.3%Business Jets128122-4.7%Total Shipments377369-2.1%Total Billings$3.68B $3.39B-8.0%