Mon 1 Sep: BRITISH TEAM FOURTH IN WORLD AERO CHAMPS
Gerald Cooper placed seventh overall
Normal 0 0 1 155 888 7 1 1090 11.768
0 0 0
Team Mazda UK pilot Eric Vazeille won the bronze medal in theWorld Freestyle Aerobatic Championship on Saturday with a stunning display ofprecision and skill in his French built Cap 232 airplane.
The Gold medal wentto French pilot Renaud Ecalle with Jurgis Kairys from Lithuania taking silver.
The classic World Aerobatic Championship was won by Frenchpilot Renaud Ecalle after flying the Q programme, (known and practised prior tothe event), and the free, (a sequence of his own design).
- 1 Rolls-Royce Spirit of Innovation takes to the air
- 2 Channel crossing for VoltAero Cassio
- 3 Amputee aerobatic display duo star in Pilot magazine November
- 4 Pilot profile: Vic Norman "Mr Wingwalking"
- 5 Legal fight over warbird training
- 6 Pilot interview with: Grant Shapps, Transport Secretary
- 7 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 8 Flight test: Comco Ikarus C42C
- 9 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter
- 10 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
Team Mazda UKpilots Gerald Cooper came seventh and Mark Jefferies in 10th place.
In the overall team ranking the French team took the gold medal,with the Mazda backed Russian team securing the silver medal and team USA inthe bronze medal position.