Mon 1 Sep: BRITISH TEAM FOURTH IN WORLD AERO CHAMPS
Gerald Cooper placed seventh overall
Normal 0 0 1 155 888 7 1 1090 11.768
0 0 0
Team Mazda UK pilot Eric Vazeille won the bronze medal in theWorld Freestyle Aerobatic Championship on Saturday with a stunning display ofprecision and skill in his French built Cap 232 airplane.
The Gold medal wentto French pilot Renaud Ecalle with Jurgis Kairys from Lithuania taking silver.
The classic World Aerobatic Championship was won by Frenchpilot Renaud Ecalle after flying the Q programme, (known and practised prior tothe event), and the free, (a sequence of his own design).
- 1 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 2 Air-worms: the best aviation-themed tunes
- 3 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 4 Big redesign for Eviation's Alice aircraft
- 5 EHang launches new inter-city AAV
- 6 Pilot magazine August issue - on sale 21st July
- 7 New grass airfield for Kent?
- 8 Army Flying Museum offers children flight simulator time
- 9 Southampton’s runway extension approved
- 10 Proposal amended for Solent Airport
Team Mazda UKpilots Gerald Cooper came seventh and Mark Jefferies in 10th place.
In the overall team ranking the French team took the gold medal,with the Mazda backed Russian team securing the silver medal and team USA inthe bronze medal position.