** VIDEO REPORT** Bank holiday weather washes out day one of GVFWE
Typical British bank holiday weekend weather washed out the first day of the 10th anniversary Great Vintage Flying Weekend (GVFWE) at Keevil airfield, Wiltshire. Pilot TV was there.... and wet!
Typical British bank holiday weekend weather washed out the first day of the 10th anniversary Great Vintage Flying Weekend (GVFWE) at Keevil airfield, Wiltshire. A flypast by the BBMF Dakota was cancelled and visitors were entertained by show commentators discussing the growing qualities of grass and relaying anecdotes about the aircraft which had booked in but failled to attend. Low cloud, rain, and wind prevented all but one arrival on Saturday to join one aircraft which had arrived the previous night.
Organisers and forecasters were hoping for better weather on the Sunday.
Pilot TV travelled by car to stand in the rain and talk about the event to organiser Terry Booker.
- 1 Rolls-Royce Spirit of Innovation takes to the air
- 2 Channel crossing for VoltAero Cassio
- 3 Amputee aerobatic display duo star in Pilot magazine November
- 4 Pilot profile: Vic Norman "Mr Wingwalking"
- 5 Legal fight over warbird training
- 6 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 7 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 8 Flight test: Comco Ikarus C42C
- 9 Pilot interview with: Grant Shapps, Transport Secretary
- 10 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter
VIDEO: PILOT TV report on day one of GVFWE