Wed 26 Aug: SHADOW AVIATION MINISTER TAKES TO THE AIR
Julian Brazier flies aeros with Smokey Young at Silverstone
Normal 0 0 1 184 1049 8 2 1288 11.768 0 0 0 Shadow Aviation Minister Julian Brazier was treated to some aerobatics at the World Aerobatic Championships at Silverstone on Monday 25 August.
Brazier was also introduced to the elite flyers and had lunch in the British Aerobatics Association (BAeA) enclosure with top officials from the sport.
He was then taken skywards for a series of loops and high-g manoeuvres with renowned pilot Richard ‘Smokey’ Young over the historic race circuit.
The Conservative MP had a go himself and was full of praise for his pilot and the sport, “It was a fantastic ride which made me realise just how talented these guys are, the level of skill is terrific!”
Brazier also acknowledged the pressures and challenges that GA faces and said,
- 1 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter
- 2 NASA's Mars helicopter exceeds all expectations
- 3 The Penny Pilot: cost-sharing on private flights to avoid commercial regulations
- 4 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 5 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 6 Ground tests for ZeroAvia's 19-seater’s eco-engine
- 7 Diamond DA50 now in the UK
- 8 Legal fight over warbird training
- 9 Diamond Aircraft launches DA50 RG to rival Cirrus SR22
- 10 5 of the best summer destinations for pilots | Mediterranean islands & cities