Bristol Flying opens new facilities
Bristol Flying has expanded its operation at Bristol Airport.
The company says that it plans to offer low cost training and aircraft rentals to current and budding pilots and hopes that this approach will open the doors to many individuals who could not previously afford flight training.
The new facilities were opened by The Right Hon. Dr Liam Fox, MP for North Somerset on Saturday 25 January.
Richard Nightingale, the director and founder of the company and a trained pilot and flight instructor himself said:
“We have fought for the opportunity to offer low-cost flight training from Bristol Airport and hope this new venture will make it a possibility for anyone to be able to learn to fly. We are very excited by this new project which also proposes to offer tailored courses for the physically challenged and financial scholarships. We feel that we are able to accommodate individuals from all walks of life and I very much hope that this will become an ever-growing community. We already boast in excess of 50 members and this number is steadily increasing by the day. Bristol Flying offers trial lessons for those individuals who are interested in learning how to fly with our prices starting from as little as £75 which have proved both popular and successful.
“Not only are we proud of our training facilities, but we have also included everything which a qualified pilot needs for rental from very low entry rates to computer based flight planning tools and weather assessments. I really believe that in opening this new facility, we are leading the industry in training and amenities for the current pilot.”
For more information, see Bristol Flying’s website.
- 1 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter
- 2 Ryanair to recruit 2,000 pilots
- 3 Legal fight over warbird training
- 4 Diamond DA50 now in the UK
- 5 The Penny Pilot: cost-sharing on private flights to avoid commercial regulations
- 6 Shapps announces independent body for CAA appeals
- 7 5 of the best summer destinations for pilots | Mediterranean islands & cities
- 8 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 9 Production Mustang replica flies!
- 10 Flight test: Comco Ikarus C42C