Unique Yakovlev 18P | from 65,000 euros
- Credit: Archant
A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to purchase what is believed to be the last remaining Yakovlev 18P in the world...
An extraordinary opportunity to purchase what is believed to be the only remaining Yak 18P in the world.
The 18P was the first pure competition aerobatic aircraft designed by the Yakovlev design bureau in Moscow. It made its debut at the 1960 world aerobatic Championships and at the 1962 world Championships gained 2nd/7th/9th and 10th places, while in the 1964 world Championships, the women’s team were placed 1st/2nd/3rd/4th. Although a number of 18P were originally manufactured – possibly 100 – we believe that this is the only remaining aircraft in the world, and as such it is clearly a very desirable aircraft.
This aircraft has been restored to an extremely high standard, and has included a total airframe overhaul and a zero-timed engine. However, the restoration needs completing and a full list of items required to complete the restoration can be provided.
The aircraft is currently in the care of Termikas company in Lithuania – probably the world’s experts in the restoration of Yaks - and they are well equipped to complete the aircraft to a perfect standard.
For this exceptional aircraft, we are asking Euro 65,000 as it is, or completed for approx Euro 85,000. A quote to complete the aircraft can be requested for any interested purchaser. Please contact us for more information or for more photographs: 01544 340120
- 1 Rolls-Royce Spirit of Innovation takes to the air
- 2 Channel crossing for VoltAero Cassio
- 3 Amputee aerobatic display duo star in Pilot magazine November
- 4 Pilot profile: Vic Norman "Mr Wingwalking"
- 5 Legal fight over warbird training
- 6 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 7 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 8 Flight test: Comco Ikarus C42C
- 9 Pilot interview with: Grant Shapps, Transport Secretary
- 10 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter