FAI-Breitling Awards open for nomination
Breitling is calling for nominations for the FAI-Breitling Awards 2014.
The Breitling Milestone Trophy and the Breitling Youngster Award will be presented this October at the Awards Ceremony of the FAI General Conference in Thailand. The winners of both categories will be invited and hosted by Breitling.
The Breitling Milestone Trophy is awarded to an individual or a group of individuals who have achieved a significant milestone, technological step or invention in aeronautics or astronautics during the previous year that might contribute to future developments, especially in the practice of air sports.
The Breitling Youngster Award is reserved for a youngster who, during the previous twelve months and before the date of their 26th birthday:
• Achieved an outstanding sporting performance. This means a performance which is considered by the nominating authority as beyond the normal level of performance compared to what can usually be done, or
• Excelled in a certain area of his sport and is considered as a reference, or
• Significantly contributed to the development and promotion of aeronautics or astronautics.
- 1 Flight test: Comco Ikarus C42C
- 2 Building a new fuselage for a Fournier RF6B
- 3 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
The deadline for the receipt of nominations is 31 May 2014.
More information can be found on the FAI’s website.