FAI-Breitling Awards open for nomination
Breitling is calling for nominations for the FAI-Breitling Awards 2014.
The Breitling Milestone Trophy and the Breitling Youngster Award will be presented this October at the Awards Ceremony of the FAI General Conference in Thailand. The winners of both categories will be invited and hosted by Breitling.
The Breitling Milestone Trophy is awarded to an individual or a group of individuals who have achieved a significant milestone, technological step or invention in aeronautics or astronautics during the previous year that might contribute to future developments, especially in the practice of air sports.
The Breitling Youngster Award is reserved for a youngster who, during the previous twelve months and before the date of their 26th birthday:
• Achieved an outstanding sporting performance. This means a performance which is considered by the nominating authority as beyond the normal level of performance compared to what can usually be done, or
• Excelled in a certain area of his sport and is considered as a reference, or
• Significantly contributed to the development and promotion of aeronautics or astronautics.
- 1 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter
- 2 NASA's Mars helicopter exceeds all expectations
- 3 The Penny Pilot: cost-sharing on private flights to avoid commercial regulations
- 4 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 5 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 6 Ground tests for ZeroAvia's 19-seater’s eco-engine
- 7 Diamond DA50 now in the UK
- 8 Legal fight over warbird training
- 9 Diamond Aircraft launches DA50 RG to rival Cirrus SR22
- 10 5 of the best summer destinations for pilots | Mediterranean islands & cities
The deadline for the receipt of nominations is 31 May 2014.
More information can be found on the FAI’s website.