NORTH COATES() - United Kingdom
NORTH COATES - United Kingdom
Operated by North Coates Flying Club.
RUNWAY : 23/05 660mtr grass RADIO : North Coates Radio120.15 A/G
PHONE : 01472 388850 or 01652 618808 out of hours
FUEL : NONE
REFRESHMENTS : Light Snacks
IMPORTANT : Donna Nook Range is immediately adjacent and radio contact with them on 122.75 is essential during range hours. (Weekdays and Tuesday and Thursday evenings from September to May) PPR essential.
- 1 Enstrom files for bankruptcy
- 2 The importance of considering WAT variations
- 3 24V option for Rotax 915 iS
- 4 Pilot profile: Alan Robinson & Mike Wildeman (Team Phoenix)
- 5 Hamburg U-space trial successful
- 6 Last Airbus 380 delivered to Emirates
- 7 Broadband from stratospheric airship
- 8 1979 Piper Tomahawk PA38-112 for sale | £53,000
- 9 Building a new fuselage for a Fournier RF6B
- 10 Long-haul delivery for Tecnam P2012
The airfield is an old RAF Bloodhound site which also saw distinguished service in WW2 as home to the Beaufighter Strike Wing. Most of the airfield is being returned to agriculture and the club has only a small part of the old field with one hangar. The concrete runway is being dug up and is unusable and a grass runway has been laid to the north of the concrete. When the concrete has been removed in about 3 years we will create a further grass runway of about 900 meters.