Garmin produces products for homebuilders
Garmin has announced seven new products aimed at homebuilt aircraft.
The products include a lighter weight Air Data Attitude Heading Reference System (ADAHRS), an Engine Indication System (EIS) interface module and an integrated autopilot.
The G3X Integrated Autopilot weighs 1.4 pounds and includes flight director cues, coupled approaches, coupled VNAV and automatic trim. An optional autopilot control panel is also offered.
Garmin’s latest ADAHRS unit provides referencing of aircraft position, rate, vector and acceleration data and supports new G3X features such as optional Angle of Attack (AOA). This provides measurements of wing performance in order to give stall margin indications.
According to the company the GEA 34 EIS module incorporates standard-density connectors to simplify wiring for homebuild projects.
For more information visit www.garmin.com/experimental
- 4 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 5 Flight test: Sukhoi Su-29
- 6 Flight test: Cessna 182C
- 7 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter
- 8 Pilot interview with: Grant Shapps, Transport Secretary
- 9 Ryanair to recruit 2,000 pilots
- 10 Rolls-Royce Spirit of Innovation takes to the air