Jeppesen releases trial version of app for private pilots
Jeppesen unveiled a pre-release, trial version of a VFR planning and navigation iPad app for GA pilots.
Called Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck VFR, the new app has everything pilots need for planning flights and flying with a moving map.
The app takes the pilot right from taxi and departure to enroute navigation with full charting to parking at the destination. It’s been developed with feedback from 500 private pilots, including many from the UK.
A thirty day free trial, which includes information and charting from Germany, France, the UK, Austria and Switzerland is available from the App Store.
A subscription to UK charts - with updates taking place every 28 days - will launch in June, costing approximately £170pa.
A ‘trip’ facility will be available, providing charts for other countries for one month with prices ranging from around £59 to £75.
For more information please visit www.jeppesen.com/flitedeck-vfr.
- 1 EHang launches new inter-city AAV
- 2 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 3 Diamond Aircraft launches DA50 RG to rival Cirrus SR22
- 4 Big redesign for Eviation's Alice aircraft
- 5 Pilot magazine August issue - on sale 21st July
- 6 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 7 Too late for EASA transfer of a UK licence
- 8 Southampton’s runway extension approved
- 9 Flight test: DHC-1 Chipmunk T.10
- 10 Cockpit report: Grumman G-21 Goose amphibious flying boat