2015 flying and gliding scholarship programme now open to applicants
The Honourable Company of Air Pilots has invited applications for its 2015 Scholarships programme, which will be flown during the summer of 2015.
On offer are:
• Several Fixed Wing Scholarships for Flight Instructor (R) ratings, including from the Swire Charitable Trust and the Air Safety Trust.
• Several Full Scholarships for Private Pilots Licences, due to the generosity of external benefactors such as Cadogan, Grayburn and Air BP Sterling, as well as the Air Pilots Benevolent Fund. For these scholarships, the successful candidates must be over the age of 17 on 1 June 2015.
• Gliding Scholarships sponsored by the Young Air Pilots Group. The training for these will be carried out at a (BGA) approved Junior Gliding Centre between 1 July and 31 August 2015 and the successful candidates must be over the age of 14 on 1 June 2015.
Full conditions and application forms for all these positions are available on the website
www.airpilots.org (Career Matters section)
- 1 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 2 Velis Electro operational at Blackbushe
- 3 Youngest woman to fly solo around the world attempts on 18th August!
Closing date for applications is 17 March 2015 and further information can be obtained from the Scholarship Secretary either by emailing email@example.com or by telephoning 020 7404 4032.