2015 flying and gliding scholarship programme now open to applicants
The Honourable Company of Air Pilots has invited applications for its 2015 Scholarships programme, which will be flown during the summer of 2015.
On offer are:
• Several Fixed Wing Scholarships for Flight Instructor (R) ratings, including from the Swire Charitable Trust and the Air Safety Trust.
• Several Full Scholarships for Private Pilots Licences, due to the generosity of external benefactors such as Cadogan, Grayburn and Air BP Sterling, as well as the Air Pilots Benevolent Fund. For these scholarships, the successful candidates must be over the age of 17 on 1 June 2015.
• Gliding Scholarships sponsored by the Young Air Pilots Group. The training for these will be carried out at a (BGA) approved Junior Gliding Centre between 1 July and 31 August 2015 and the successful candidates must be over the age of 14 on 1 June 2015.
Full conditions and application forms for all these positions are available on the website
www.airpilots.org (Career Matters section)
- 1 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter
- 2 Ryanair to recruit 2,000 pilots
- 3 Legal fight over warbird training
- 4 Diamond DA50 now in the UK
- 5 The Penny Pilot: cost-sharing on private flights to avoid commercial regulations
- 6 Shapps announces independent body for CAA appeals
- 7 5 of the best summer destinations for pilots | Mediterranean islands & cities
- 8 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 9 Flight test: Comco Ikarus C42C
- 10 Production Mustang replica flies!
Closing date for applications is 17 March 2015 and further information can be obtained from the Scholarship Secretary either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 020 7404 4032.