Air-brained quiz VI
- Credit: Archant
How air-brained are you? Test your general aviation knowledge on matters including safety, history, training or anything related to flying! Compiled by James Allan
See below the quiz for full explanations to the quiz questions...
Give our other air-brained quizzes a go
1 b The only exception to this rule is if you are told by ATC that the Stop-bar is unserviceable and you are given a specific clearance to cross it while still lit.
3 c It is the UH-72A, military version of the civilian Airbus EC145
4 d Yorkshire Air Ambulance
- 1 Rolls-Royce Spirit of Innovation smashes records
- 2 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 3 Christmas gift idea?
- 4 First flight on 100% synthetic fuel
- 5 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 6 CAA opposes Coventry closure
- 7 ‘Attagirls Molly Rose Scholarship’ goes live
- 8 Thomas Castle Scholarship 2022: applications open this Autumn
- 9 Pilot profile: Virgin Galactic chief pilot, Dave Mackay
- 10 Flight test: Sukhoi Su-29
6 a DVORs use a phase comparison of two electromagnetic fields to transmit an infinite number of radials (but in practice only 360 of these are used)
7 a (b applies in the case of illness, not injury)