Bristol Groundschool Announces First Round Winners of 2013 ATPL Scholarship Programme
- Credit: Newscast
Bristol Groundschool has announced the winners of the first round for this year’s ATPL Scholarship Programme.
The winning students were:
- Tomas Blackman
- Stephanie Bloxidge
- Ben Bowker
- Jordan Cameron
- Jamie Dickson
- 4 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 5 Flight test: Sukhoi Su-29
- 6 Flight test: Cessna 182C
- 7 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter
- 8 Pilot interview with: Grant Shapps, Transport Secretary
- 9 Ryanair to recruit 2,000 pilots
- 10 Rolls-Royce Spirit of Innovation takes to the air
- Paul Ryan
- Alex Sawday
The Bristol Groundschool ATPL Scholarship Programme was launched in early April 2013 to celebrate the school entering its 21st year in business. It aims to assist students with a passionate interest in becoming a professional pilot, who are on track towards their ATPL. Throughout the year, Bristol Groundschool will be awarding a total of 21 ATPL theory scholarships, each worth £2,140.
“We’re thrilled to have received 293 entries for this first round of the scholarship programme, nearly all of which were from students who have already earned their PPLs and are ready to move on to the next stage of their aviation training going the modular route,” said Alex Whittingham, Founder and Head of Training of Bristol Groundschool.
The second round of entries is set to open at the Professional Flight Training Exhibition in Leeds on 13 July 2013. The third round is scheduled for October, to coincide with Bristol Groundschool’s participation at the Professional Flight Training Exhibition at London Heathrow. To be eligible to apply, candidates must:
• Be a PPL holder or expect to get their PPL in the coming twelve months
• Be available to commence their course of study with Bristol Groundschool within two years of being selected for the award
• Be eligible to live, work and study in the EU
To submit an application, candidates should visit the Bristol Groundschool website at www.bristol.gs/atpl-scholarships or look for the Bristol Groundschool page on Facebook for additional information.