BWPA announce seven scholarships on International Women's Day
PUBLISHED: 10:45 08 March 2019
The British Women Pilots' Association (BWPA) today launches its 2019 scholarships for female pilots in recognition of International Women's Day. This year there are seven scholarships available
The scholarships include:
- BWPA Flying Start (£1000) for new, inexperienced pilots to gain their first qualifications.
- BWPA Flying High (£1000) for licensed pilots who wish to gain further qualifications, take part in significant competitions, or undertake other suitable activities to help them further their personal flying aims.
- BWPA CATS CPL/ATPL Scholarship for the full value of the CATS Aviation Training, Luton ground school CPL/ATPL (A or H) course.
- Two BWPA Bristol Groundschool ATPL Scholarships, each for half the value of the Bristol Groundschool ATPL (A or H) course
- Two BWPA Easy PPL Ground School Scholarships for new and inexperienced pilots towards gaining their PPL(A) ground school qualifications.
In addition, the BWPA is offering 12 ‘taster flights’ from Old Buckenham Airfield, Norfolk. Six will be for women over the age of 16 years; and six will be administered through the Aviatrix Project for young people aged 14–17.
Further ‘taster flights’ for women aged 16-25 years will be sponsored by Total UK.
BWPA Chair Julie Westhorp encourages all potential and current women pilots to apply, saying: “We are delighted to be able to offer such a large number of scholarships once again. The partnerships we have built allows us to continue to grow our support of a community that remains in the minority.”
Applications open on Friday 15 March and close on Monday 6 May 2019. All those awarded BWPA 2019 Scholarships will be invited to the BWPA award presentations at the Christmas lunch in December 2019.