Cessna and Beech aircraft introduced with Garmin G1000 NXi
- Credit: Archant
‘These enhancements will not only improve pilot workload, they will enhance the overall flight experience’
By Mike Jerram
Textron Aviation has introduced the Garmin G1000 NXi integrated flight deck on its piston-engined models: Cessnas Skyhawk, Skylane and Stationair, and Beech Bonanza G36 and Baron G58.
The G1000 NXi’s features include flight display modernisation with faster processing times, improved graphics rendering and enhanced readability with LED backlighting. It also has map overlay on the HSI, improved FMS capabilities to include visual approaches, standard ADS-B in and out, the ability to view VFR and IFR charts on the moving map, and animated Sirius XM weather depiction.
Optional enhancements include wireless database updates and flight plan uploads with Flight Stream, and enhanced runway situational awareness that can help pilots avoid runway incursions with SurfaceWatch.
‘We are thrilled to have teamed with Garmin to introduce the next generation of the world-renowned G1000 flight deck to our class-leading piston products. This is yet another example of our commitment to investing in the piston product line and ensuring our customers have access to the latest technology,’ said Doug May, Textron Aviation Vice-President, Piston Aircraft.
‘These enhancements will not only improve pilot workload, they will enhance the overall flight experience by providing a more connected, efficient and modern cockpit.’
- 1 EHang launches new inter-city AAV
- 2 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 3 Diamond Aircraft launches DA50 RG to rival Cirrus SR22
- 4 Big redesign for Eviation's Alice aircraft
- 5 Pilot magazine August issue - on sale 21st July
- 6 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 7 Too late for EASA transfer of a UK licence
- 8 Southampton’s runway extension approved
- 9 Flight test: DHC-1 Chipmunk T.10
- 10 Cockpit report: Grumman G-21 Goose amphibious flying boat
You may also like: