D-Day 75 event coming to Solent Airport this June
- Credit: Archant
Aircraft enthusiasts will be looking to the skies at Solent Airport in Hampshire to mark the historic D-Day 75 event on Saturday 8 June and Sunday 9 June
Daedalus is the perfect place to mark the occasion as it was the busiest allied airfield in the UK on D-Day with more than 400 aircraft movements - the largest from any UK airfield.
The family friendly event will feature displays from the Great War Display Team flying in replica World War aircraft, the world's only wing walker display team, the AeroSuperBatics, a parachute display team and a spitfire, G-Spit.
On the ground, activities will include a fun fair, face painting, themed craft activities, character walkabouts, a vintage car display and much more. There will also be displays from a children's motorcycle display team, historical re-enactments, marching bands and music from the D-Day era.
A range of market stalls and food and drink stalls will be at the event and families can also bring their own picnics and use designated seating areas.
Tickets can be bought in advance online from Ferneham Hall at www.fernehamhall.co.uk online and from the Control Tower at Solent Airport.
A family ticket (two adults, two children) bought in advance is £25 for one day or £40 for the weekend; adult tickets are £8 each day or £15 for both and all-inclusive children £8 for one day or £12 for both. Under 2s go free. Concessions and non-inclusive children's tickets are also available.
- 1 Big redesign for Eviation's Alice aircraft
- 2 Air-worms: the best aviation-themed tunes
- 3 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 4 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 5 EHang launches new inter-city AAV
- 6 Pilot magazine August issue - on sale 21st July
- 7 New grass airfield for Kent?
- 8 Civilian instructor qualifies as military QFI
- 9 Southampton’s runway extension approved
- 10 Army Flying Museum offers children flight simulator time