Daher debuts the new TBM 910 turboprop aircraft at Germany’s AERO Friedrichshafen 2017
- Credit: Archant
Daher’s latest member of the TBM very fast turboprop aircraft family – the TBM 910 – is making its first public appearance at this week’s AERO Friedrichshafen
The TBM 910’s presence on Daher’s exhibit (Hall A3, Stand 321 at Friedrichshafen Airport’s exhibition centre) comes just after the aircraft’s certification by the U.S. FAA and the European EASA airworthiness authorities on 24 March.
“We’ve brought the new aircraft to AERO Friedrichshafen and are booking orders only a few days after the certification approval,” explained Nicolas Chabbert, Senior Vice President of the Daher Airplane Business Unit, during a press conference.
Chabbert added that AERO Friedrichshafen is an excellent venue for the TBM 910’s public debut, as the aircraft is expected to increase interest in Daher’s very fast turboprop family – especially with the European Union’s new regulatory approval for Commercial Air Transport operations using single-engine turboprop in instrument meteorological conditions (IMC) and at night.
The TBM 910 benefits from the same range, performance and technical features that have contributed to the TBM 900’s success in Daher’s six-passenger pressurized single-engine turboprop aircraft product line.
There are two main differences between the two models:
-The TBM 910’s new Garmin G1000 NXi all-glass integrated flight deck, which replaces the predecessor G1000 configuration.
- 1 Big redesign for Eviation's Alice aircraft
- 2 Air-worms: the best aviation-themed tunes
- 3 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 4 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 5 EHang launches new inter-city AAV
- 6 Pilot magazine August issue - on sale 21st July
- 7 New grass airfield for Kent?
- 8 Diamond Aircraft launches DA50 RG to rival Cirrus SR22
- 9 Proposal amended for Solent Airport
- 10 Army Flying Museum offers children flight simulator time
-Cabin interior enhancements with new seat shapes and additional fittings, which are identical to the high-end TBM 930 version.