You can now dine in a Deliveroo helicopter as it flies over London landmarks
- Credit: NA
Eating on the wing. Or, more accurately, below the rotor. Surrey-based Charter-A Ltd is operating a Leonardo AW109 Grand helicopter that has been fully ‘vinyl wrapped’ in Deliveroo’s teal-coloured branding and transformed into Roocopter One, ‘the capital’s hottest new dining venue’
It works like this: after takeoff from Battersea Heliport, Charter-A Ltd flies the A109 ? billed as 'Europe's highest restaurant' ? around London at 1,000ft for twenty minutes, 'giving lucky passengers the chance to tuck into a takeaway while flying over London landmarks such as the Shard and the O2 Arena, enjoying breakfast, lunch or dinner from eateries including Five Guys, Wagamama, Chipotle, BabaBoom and Joe Public'.
"The CAA has agreed to us hiding the helicopter's registration so that the Deliveroo branding is given maximum visibility as it streaks across the London skyline," says Mark Zaiger, Charter-A Ltd's owner.
"From the moment they first approached us, Deliveroo have been amazing to work with. They are a young team and incredibly creative, and it has been fascinating to see the campaign from first thoughts to flight."
Deliveroo's Joe Groves adds: "At Deliveroo we want to bring amazing and memorable food experiences to our customers, wherever they are - be that a local park, office, the comfort of your home or 1,000ft in the air."
One early (and apparently very satisfied) helo-diner said: "Flying past The Shard eating tacos is one of the most memorable meals and experiences of my life.
"I've never flown in a helicopter before and to do this over my lunch break has completely changed my week and my life. I hope it happens more ? it's a great thing for our city."
- 1 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter
- 2 NASA's Mars helicopter exceeds all expectations
- 3 The Penny Pilot: cost-sharing on private flights to avoid commercial regulations
- 4 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 5 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 6 Diamond DA50 now in the UK
- 7 Ground tests for ZeroAvia's 19-seater’s eco-engine
- 8 Shapps announces independent body for CAA appeals
- 9 New grass airfield for Kent?
- 10 5 of the best summer destinations for pilots | Mediterranean islands & cities