Tune in to the FAI Awards Ceremony online!
- Credit: Archant
The Covid-19 pandemic means that the traditonal FAI Awards Ceremony will be held online for 2020; find out when and where to watch for your time zone
The traditional FAI Awards Ceremony has been moved online and converted into an Awards Announcement due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The event will be broadcast on Wednesday 2 December 2020 at 19:00 UTC on this page and on the FAI Youtube Channel.
This year, 45 awardees will be honoured with FAI diplomas or medals for their outstanding contributions spanning the wide variety of the activities, sports and disciplines within FAI. The names of the recipients will be announced in the video, together with a description of their achievements.
FAI President Bob Henderson said: “I invite everyone from all around the world to tune in with us to celebrate the people who played a major part in the world of air sports and beyond. The FAI Awards Ceremony is such an important fixture in our calendar that we were determined to organise it despite the pandemic. In a sense, it has been a chance to be creative and to present the FAI Awards in a fresh way.”
The FAI Awards Ceremony is part of the 114th FAI General Conference, which will also be held online this year.
WHERE TO WATCH
WHEN TO WATCH
Wednesday 2 December 2020
- 1 Velis Electro operational at Blackbushe
- 2 Broadband from stratospheric airship
- 3 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 4 Grumman Albatross coming back
- 5 Pilot profile: Alan Robinson & Mike Wildeman (Team Phoenix)
- 6 Hamburg U-space trial successful
- 7 Last Airbus 380 delivered to Emirates
- 8 Youngest woman to fly solo around the world attempts on 18th August!
- 9 Flight test: Comco Ikarus C42C
- 10 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
Dubai 23:00 GST (UTC+4)
Lausanne 20:00 CET (UTC+1)
London 19:00 UTC
New York 14:00 EST (UTC-5)
Los Angeles 11:00 PST (UTC-8)
New Dehli 00:30 IST (UTC+5:30, 3 December)
Tokyo 04:00 JST (UTC+9, 3 December)
Sydney 06:00 AEDT (UTC+11, 3 December)
Auckland 8:00 NZDT (UTC+13, 3 December)