New video released in support of campaign to save Fairoaks Airport
- Credit: Archant
Although the deadline has now passed for your official objections, the Fairoaks 2020 campaign say the concerned councils are still accepting comments on the development
The video below shows the importance of Fairoaks Airport in the past, present and future.
Click here for more information on the Fairoaks 2020 campaign.
The following is taken from a flyer being circulated by the campaign.
A planning application to build 1,000 homes on the Fairoaks Airport site has been submitted.
If we lose our airport the impact on local residents will be:
- Loss of almost 400 acres of important picturesque Green Belt landscape.
- Loss of an airport of great value to many local businesses which currently provides 350 jobs in over 70 companies based at the airport.
- 1 Enstrom files for bankruptcy
- 2 The importance of considering WAT variations
- 3 24V option for Rotax 915 iS
- 4 Pilot profile: Alan Robinson & Mike Wildeman (Team Phoenix)
- 5 Hamburg U-space trial successful
- 6 Last Airbus 380 delivered to Emirates
- 7 Broadband from stratospheric airship
- 8 1979 Piper Tomahawk PA38-112 for sale | £53,000
- 9 Building a new fuselage for a Fournier RF6B
- 10 Long-haul delivery for Tecnam P2012
- Loss of rare habitats and beautiful wildlife.
- Disturbance to the peace and quiet of our villages with building work set to continue for years.
- 2,500 additional cars are predicted on our already congested roads.
- A struggle to access local essential services like our already stretched local GP Surgeries and St Peter’s Hospital in Chertsey.
- Threat to the lives of the people who rely on the airfield for essential organ transplants and medical supplies.
- A cut in the number of pilots, who will miss out on training facilities and flight hours.
Here are the ways you can provide your feedback to the councils:
Surrey Heath can be done online:
Runnymede needs to be an email: email@example.com
Woking can either be done by leaving a comment on the application on line or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org There are two online applications in Woking because in fact they point back to the Runnymede application and the Surrey Heath application.
For reference the planning application numbers are as follows:
Surrey Heath: 18/0642
Woking: PLAN/2018/1175 and PLAN/2018/1172
KEEP FAIROAKS FLYING!