Flightstore opens Yorkshire branch
- Credit: Archant
Flightstore Pilot Shop opened its 8,000sqft premises – thought to be the largest pilot shop in the north of England - in Mirfield, West Yorkshire on 19 September.
The new store features a multi-screen flight simulator that enables customers to ‘fly’ over 200 aircraft, and an aviation art gallery by renowned artist Paul Cordwell.
The mail order pilot and aviation supplier says that the move will facilitate the growth of its mail order operation while offering a large and contemporary new ‘Walk in’ pilot shop featuring our entire range of over 5,000 products.
Managing Director Andrew Holdsworth said “This is an exciting time for Flightstore. I am delighted to offer our customers a wonderful environment to view and sample such a large selection of aviation products under one roof.”
Established over fifteen years ago Flightstore offers a wide range of products, from core pilot and training equipment through to enthusiast and historic clothing and memorabilia.
The new Flightstore shop is open every day Monday to Saturday from 9am to 5pm with additional Christmas opening hours. The address is 14 Leeds Road Mirfield. WF14 0ET.
Tel: 01924 480777 or visit www.flightstore.co.uk for more information
- 1 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter
- 2 NASA's Mars helicopter exceeds all expectations
- 3 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 4 The Penny Pilot: cost-sharing on private flights to avoid commercial regulations
- 5 Diamond DA50 now in the UK
- 6 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 7 Ground tests for ZeroAvia's 19-seater’s eco-engine
- 8 Shapps announces independent body for CAA appeals
- 9 Legal fight over warbird training
- 10 5 of the best summer destinations for pilots | Mediterranean islands & cities