GA Sea Survival Conference 2015
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Sea Survival Conference 2015 is a one-day conference for pilots of light aircraft wishing to learn more about how to maximise both their and their passengers’ chances of survival should something go wrong while flying over water (or inhospitable terrain).
Whether you regularly fly over the sea, or only make occasional one-off trips you have probably wondered what survival equipment you should carry, and how you would summon help and cope with ditching should you get into difficulties. This conference will help with advice from experts and accounts of first-hand experiences.
The programme of speakers includes:
Fly over Water Procedures and Recommendations
- 1 Last Airbus 380 delivered to Emirates
- 2 Hamburg U-space trial successful
- 3 Broadband from stratospheric airship
- 4 Pilot profile: Alan Robinson & Mike Wildeman (Team Phoenix)
- 5 Youngest woman to fly solo around the world attempts on 18th August!
- 6 Flight test: Comco Ikarus C42C
- 7 Grumman Albatross coming back
- 8 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 9 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 10 Fenland airfield hangars and grass runways sale
Water and Raft Survival
Richard Pyshorn / Jason Hicks
Search and Rescue Co-ordination
Roly Mckie, Deputy Head of Maritime Operations, HM Coastguard
Rescue by Boat
Scott Ranft, RNLI
Rescue by Air
Sqn Ldr Hugh Pierce, A Flt 22 Sqn, RAF Chivenor