GAMA members take action to help fight coronavirus
PUBLISHED: 16:39 01 May 2020
Over the last month, many General Aviation Manufacturers Association (GAMA) member companies have taken steps to help their communities fight against COVID-19
GAMA members have donated and began producing personal protective equipment, while others have offered to transport medical personnel and supplies.
“It is inspiring to see the support that our members are providing to their communities and neighbors during this pandemic,” GAMA president and CEO Pete Bunce said.
“The general aviation industry has a rich history of helping others in times of need and they are stepping up to pitch in during these uncertain times.
“We are seeing our members, from all around the world, adapt their operations to produce masks, shields, gowns and ventilator parts and provide flights to aid in the medical response. It is moments like these that bring a sense of pride for what our industry does to help one another.”
Select examples of GAMA members working to help their communities fight the COVID-19 pandemic include:
- Appareo – producing emergency ventilators.
- Autonodyne, LLC (sister company of Avidyne Corporation) – producing ventilator masks and face shields.
- Avfuel Corporation – producing face mask ear hooks and face shield headbands.
- Bell – producing hand sanitizer.
- Boeing Business Jets – producing and transporting medical supplies.
- Bombardier Aviation – donated supplies, making financial contributions, producing face shields and collaborating on a ventilator production project.
- CAE SimuFlite – producing ventilators.
- Cirrus Aircraft – donated supplies, producing face shields and developing blowers for Powered Air Purifying Respirators.
- Collins Aerospace – donated medical supplies and manufacturing face shields.
- Daher TBM – providing airlift resources in transporting healthcare personnel and medical supplies.
- Daher Kodiak – providing transportation of ventilators from manufacturer to hospitals.
- Dassault Aviation – donated masks, producing protective visors and providing aircraft to assist rapid transport of healthcare personnel.
- Duncan Aviation – producing masks and gowns.
- Embraer – producing masks and parts for ventilators and providing aircraft to assist in humanitarian aid missions.
- Epic Aircraft – producing masks.
- FlightSafety International, Inc – producing 3D printed respirator components.
- Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation - donating medical supplies and making financial contributions.
- Hartzell Propeller, Inc.– donated masks and producing clips for face masks.
- Honeywell - Business & General Aviation – producing N95 face masks.
- Kaman Corporation – donated N95 masks and made financial contributions.
- L3Harris Technologies – making financial contributions and donating medical supplies.
- Piper Aircraft, Inc. – donated N95 masks and producing face shields.
- Rolls-Royce – producing face shields.
- Signature Aviation – donating hanger space for storage of medical supplies.
- Signature TECHNICAir – producing masks.
- Tamarack Aerospace Group – producing 3D printed face masks.
- Textron Aviation – donated N95 masks and manufacturing face shields and masks.
- TRU Simulation + Training – donated N95 masks.
- Universal Avionics Systems Corp. – providing non-profit group with assembly line space to manufacture face shields and masks.
- Wisk Aero – producing face shields.
- Woodward, Inc. – developing ventilators.
- World Fuel Services – providing fuel and logistics support for humanitarian and medical supplies flights.