Help save Panshangar airfield
- Credit: Archant
As you may already know there is a consultation coming up regarding Panshanger Aerodrome.
Flying operations at Panshangar Aerodrome ceased on 20 September, but this does not have to be the end of the airfield. One of the options proposed at the consultation is a re-opening of the aerodrome, alongside new housing.
Panshangar is a thriving community asset, historic site and beacon of aviation and pilot training in the UK and the upcoming consultation is an excellent opportunity to re-establish that.
The landowners have set up a very brief consultation to put their views across.
Your views on the future of this aerodrome would be very valuable to the landowners and their consultants who claim they are keen to hear from the public, despite providing a very brief window within which views may be made known.
Please make known your views in support of re-opening the aerodrome by attending the following meeting:
Saturday 12th March 2016,
- 1 Flight Test: Vans RV-4 G-BZPH
- 2 Airlander hull manufacturer chosen
- 3 Test highlights MOR issues at Redhill
- 4 Diamond Aircraft launches DA50 RG to rival Cirrus SR22
- 5 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 6 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 7 Cockpit report: Grumman G-21 Goose amphibious flying boat
- 8 Too late for EASA transfer of a UK licence
- 9 EHang launches new inter-city AAV
- 10 REVIEW: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
10am – 2pm
Sir Frederic Osborn School
Welwyn Garden City AL7 2AF