IWM Duxford to host fly-in aviation Safety and Bonus Days in 2017
- Credit: Archant
Pilots will have the opportunity to land at Britain’s best-preserved World War II airfield for days of meeting aviation experts, seeing vintage aircraft and exploring the famous museum’s exhibitions
Three aviation events will be held at IWM Duxford this year, with discounted rates on offer to land at the historic airfield. For more information or to book a landing slot for PPR/briefing for any of the events, contact IWM Duxford Information on 01223 833376 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duxford Airfield Safety Day
Saturday 8 April
Presentations by aviation experts will be held from 11.30am to 1.30pm, and then again from 2 to 4pm. They will be hosted by representatives of the Civil Aviation Authority, the General Aviation Safety Council, National Air Traffic Services and Distress and Diversion, and people can ask them questions on matters affecting the GA community.
Throughout the day, there will also be table top presentations from several groups and associations, as well as guided tours of the AirSpace and Battle of Britain exhibitions.
Entry is £5, and the landing fee is £8 per aircraft. Visitors travelling by car must pre-book.
Vintage Aircraft Club Bonus Day
- 1 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter
- 2 NASA's Mars helicopter exceeds all expectations
- 3 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 4 The Penny Pilot: cost-sharing on private flights to avoid commercial regulations
- 5 Diamond DA50 now in the UK
- 6 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 7 Ground tests for ZeroAvia's 19-seater’s eco-engine
- 8 Shapps announces independent body for CAA appeals
- 9 Legal fight over warbird training
- 10 5 of the best summer destinations for pilots | Mediterranean islands & cities
Saturday 3 June
For the discounted rate of £8 per aircraft, Vintage Aircraft Club members can fly into Duxford to meet fellow owners and enthusiasts. They can also enjoy the museum’s exhibitions for free.
Light Aircraft Association Bonus Day
Saturday 5 August
Another fly-in will be held by the Light Aircraft Association. Members can land (for £8 per aircraft) and meet fellow owners and enthusiasts. It promises to be a diverse collection of home-built, vintage and innovative aircraft. Entry to the museum is free.