CAA publish second edition of CAP 1616 airspace design guidance
PUBLISHED: 17:13 04 December 2018
CAP 1616 describes the different stages of the airspace change process and the activities involved and the second edition will give updated guidance on the regulatory process for changing airspace design including community engagement requirements
CAP 1616 is a wide-ranging piece of guidance from the conception of the need for a change, to engaging with those potentially affected, assessing the impacts of different design options from a safety, operational and environmental perspective, and ultimately the regulatory decision, and if appropriate the implementation and subsequent review of the change.
Changes in the second edition include:
- a revised process for the Secretary of State to ‘call-in’ an airspace change proposal
- confirmation that next year the CAA will be consulting on a new process to consider certain changes to air traffic control procedures that result in a planned and permanent redistribution of air traffic
- more information on how the airspace change process is scaled
- more information on how design options are appraised
- updated text either reflecting new EU legislation, hyperlinks and cross-references or to improve the general clarity and consistency of the document.
The guidance can be downloaded through this link
If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.