Pooleys raises £3500 for disability gliding charity Walking on Air
- Credit: Archant
Pooleys Flight Equipment is delighted to announce that they have raised £3528.29 for the Portmoak based gliding charity, Walking on Air
This year’s donation takes the total raised for this charity to over £20,000 since 2011.
Pooleys have raised the funds through their website, pooleys.com, where customers have added a promotional code to their order during checkout which creates a donation for the charity or organisation of their choice.
The customer gets a 5% discount off their order and Pooleys donates up to 30% of the value of their order.
Walking on Air recently spent over £20,000 refurbishing their two seat, dual hand control K21 glider after 20 years of good use and we are pleased to have played our part in keeping this charity airbourne.
Sebastian Pooley, Managing Director adds: “We are absolutely delighted to be able to support such a worthy cause. I have been lucky enough to witness their work at first hand and the difference they make to the people they fly.
“In difficult times such as these, we need to do all we can to support the many aviation charities that give life changing experiences such as WoA.”
For more information on Walking on Air, please visit their website – www.walkingonair.org.uk
For more information on the full list of charities and community interest groups that Pooleys supports, please visit - https://www.pooleys.com/charities-community-interest-groups/
- 1 Flight Test: Vans RV-4 G-BZPH
- 2 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 3 Too late for EASA transfer of a UK licence
- 4 New pilot scholarship announced
- 5 Airlander hull manufacturer chosen
- 6 Diamond Aircraft launches DA50 RG to rival Cirrus SR22
- 7 Proposal amended for Solent Airport
- 8 Civil Air Support delivers in time for patient in Belfast
- 9 Test highlights MOR issues at Redhill
- 10 Cockpit report: Grumman G-21 Goose amphibious flying boat