WATCH: Spitfire documentary trailer
- Credit: Archant
Upcoming film Spitfire will preview in over 200 UK cinemas and select RAF bases in the Falklands and Malta for one day only on Tuesday July 17 to commemorate the centenary of the RAF
The preview screenings will be accompanied by additional exclusive footage and a filmmaker Q&A from the world premiere (July 9) hosted by Carol Vorderman.
You can see our review for the film through this link.
Spitfire will play in a number of UK cities with strong connections to the legendary aircraft. These include:
- Southampton; site of the Spitfire’s first flight and Supermarine’s factory.
- Stoke-on-Trent; birthplace of R. J. Mitchell, the Spitfire’s chief designer.
- Solihull; home of the Castle Bromwich Aircraft Factory and Aerodrome
Spitfire is a cinematic, epic, sweeping tale of determination, vision and courage. It is the story of an aircraft that was forged in competition, shaped as the war clouds gathered and refined in the white heat of combat – going on to become the most famous fighter craft ever made.
- 1 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter
- 2 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 3 Shapps announces independent body for CAA appeals
Credited with changing the course of world history, this is the story of the Spitfire – told personally in the words of the last-surviving combat veterans.
The film is an Elliptical Wing Production presented by British Film Company, with Haviland Digital and Mark Stewart Productions. It is produced by Gareth Dodds, John Dibbs, Steve Milne, David Fairhead and Ant Palmer. Executive Producers are Trevor Beattie, Keith Haviland, Christian Eisenbeiss, Mark Stewart and Pat Mills.
Spitfire will be widely released in cinemas on July 20