TOPNAV competition to take place in May
- Credit: Archant
The Royal Institute of Navigation’s TOPNAV South competition will take place on 10 May 14 at White Waltham. TOPNAV North will take place on 17 May 14 at Retford/Gamston;
The competition has been significantly modernised with a number of changes including:
Shorter routes - less cost
Low entry fees
No rapid planning - route will be given on arrival
· Improved debrief
The competition is open to all classes of GA, for aircraft operating with a minimum of two crew members and represents ‘a fun way of honing your navigation and CRM skills,’ according to RIN.
- 1 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter
- 2 Ryanair to recruit 2,000 pilots
- 3 Legal fight over warbird training
- 4 Diamond DA50 now in the UK
- 5 The Penny Pilot: cost-sharing on private flights to avoid commercial regulations
- 6 Shapps announces independent body for CAA appeals
- 7 5 of the best summer destinations for pilots | Mediterranean islands & cities
- 8 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 9 Flight test: Comco Ikarus C42C
- 10 Production Mustang replica flies!
There are several prizes which will be presented at the Institution’s AGM on 16 July, at the Royal Geographical Society in London.
Further details and the entry form are on the Royal Institute of Navigation website, via the following link: www.tinyurl.com/topnav14