Women’s flying scholarships up for grabs - but don’t delay!
To celebrate its diamond jubilee year, the British Women Pilots’ Association (BWPA) will award up to six scholarships to female pilots in 2015
The first four awards, worth £500 each, are available for four different aviation activities, which are flying aeroplanes, gliding, microlight flying and ballooning. An award of £500 is available for each scholarship to the female pilot who, in the opinion of the selection panel, shows the most promise for their future flying. The Aeroplane Flying Scholarship application form is now available on the BWPA Website. This is for either ab initio training for a PPL or equivalent, or for completing further training, for example for a Night Qualification or IMC.
For gliders, microlight aircraft, or balloons, application is via the BGA, BMAA or BBAC, as appropriate. Details and an application form can be found on these associations’ websites, and selection for the awards will be jointly undertaken by BWPA and the three relevant organisations. (For these three scholarships, the BWPA asks applicants not use the Aeroplane Flying Scholarship application form.)
The other two scholarships are-
1. The BWPA CATS CPL/ATPL Scholarship is for those with at least a PPL(A) or (H), who wish to study for a CPL or ATPL, and is for the ground school element of one of these courses, kindly donated by CATS Aviation Training, Luton.
2. The BWPA Saul-Pooley IRI Scholarship is for a qualified flying instructor who wishes to become an Instrument Rating Instructor (IRI). This is donated by Dorothy Saul-Pooley of Pooleys Flying Instructor School at Brighton City (Shoreham) Airport. Dorothy, a BWPA member herself, has kindly offered to teach the instructional component of the course.
Please use the Aeroplane Flying Scholarship Application Form on the BWPA Website to apply for these two commercial courses.
- 1 Bristow & Vertical to cooperate on 50 eVOTL aircraft
- 2 EASA approves Skycharge electric aircraft charger
- 3 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
The final application submission dates are 24 October (for the Gliding Scholarship) and 31 October (for the other three just announced). ‘We will not be able to consider applications received after the relevant deadline,’ cautions the BWPA.