Pilot’s publisher set to overhaul CAA safety publications
Pilot’s publisher – Archant – has been selected by the CAA to produce general aviation safety material on its behalf.
The company has been awarded a contract to write and distribute three editions a year of the CAA’s Clued Up magazine, which features the latest safety advice and news.
Additionally, the CAA’s Safety Sense leaflets will be revamped.
Clued Up will be posted free of charge to all UK registered PPLs, NPPLs and LAPLs. Digital editions will also be available.
Its introduction will see the end of production of the General Aviation Safety Information Leaflets (GASIL), as well as the UK Airprox Board’s (UKAB) twice yearly publications. The latter will be replaced with a special edition Clued Up, analysing in depth recent significant airprox incidents. However, details of individual incidents will still be available on UKAB’s website.
Jonathan Nicholson, of the CAA’s Corporate Communications Department, said: “We look forward to working with Archant on our future safety publications. The team behind Pilot are very experienced aviation journalists and flying enthusiasts. We are confident that that knowledge, combined with the resources of a major publishing house, will produce a high quality product.”
Nick Wall, Group Editor of Pilot magazine, said: “We are delighted to be working with the CAA on this new project. With our colleagues in Archant Dialogue we are looking forward to developing the CAA’s safety publications for the future, both in print and digitally.”
- 1 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter
- 2 Ryanair to recruit 2,000 pilots
- 3 Diamond DA50 now in the UK
- 4 Legal fight over warbird training
- 5 Shapps announces independent body for CAA appeals
- 6 The Penny Pilot: cost-sharing on private flights to avoid commercial regulations
- 7 5 of the best summer destinations for pilots | Mediterranean islands & cities
- 8 Flight test: Comco Ikarus C42C
- 9 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 10 Production Mustang replica flies!