Review: Chicken Wings 5
- Credit: Archant
$16.95 Paperback, 78 pages
Chicken Wings 5: Turning Crosswind by Michael and Stefan Strasser
Pilot readers will be familiar with the Chicken Wings cartoons that appear each month on the Airmail letters pages.
This latest compilation includes both single-strip and multiple strip cartoon stories featuring the ongoing exploits of Chuck, Julio, Sally, Hans and others.
As is to be expected, some will make you laugh out loud and others may not even raise a smile, depending on your sense of humour and how close some of the topics are to your own flying experiences or people known to you!
This is a compilation that’s good fun to dip into but easy to overdose on.
It would be great if the Strasser brothers brought out a desk calendar (think Gary Larson and The Far Side) so you could have a daily Chicken Wings fix.
- 1 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter
- 2 Ryanair to recruit 2,000 pilots
- 3 Diamond DA50 now in the UK
- 4 Legal fight over warbird training
- 5 Shapps announces independent body for CAA appeals
- 6 The Penny Pilot: cost-sharing on private flights to avoid commercial regulations
- 7 5 of the best summer destinations for pilots | Mediterranean islands & cities
- 8 Flight test: Comco Ikarus C42C
- 9 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 10 Production Mustang replica flies!