Stapleford offers residential ATPL
The course, which commences on 4 March, will be run in partnership with ProPilot, Coventry.
Head of Training, Colin Dobney, said: “ProPilot’s course is markedly different from other European TK course providers, in that it focuses on education, understanding and application. We aim to train towards the knowledge skills and attitudinal skills needed for an airline pilot today.
“After the CPL/ME/IR the student will move onto a jet-based MCC course, followed by type rating preparation. The students use the Boeing and Airbus devices to cover such aspects as pre-start procedures, engine start procedures, FMC set-up, use and familiarisation, all items that are time-consuming and detract from efficient use of assets, such as FFSs (Full Flight Simulators), when completing an actual type rating course.
“To coincide with this we will be offering an enhanced ab initio package which has all the benefits of the present package but with elements of competency-based training, including which is the future training under EASA.”
The Essex-based Flying School has created a Theoretical Training (TK) complex, adjacent to the simulator block at the airfield, to provide self-contained classrooms, offices and an IT suite specifically for this project. The cost for the seven week course is £4,200, including all study materials. Students have the choice of hard copy books or the preferred ibooks, which are interactive and include video presentations. Single occupancy accommodation on site at Stapleford is available for £140 per week.
Stapleford Flight Centre has been associated with ProPilot for eighteen months, since the demise of aviation courses at London Metropolitan University. ProPilot has purchased both Airbus and Boeing FTDs (Flight Training Devices) as well as programmable Honeywell FMC units.
For more information, visit Stapleford’s website.
- 1 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter
- 2 Diamond DA50 now in the UK
- 3 Legal fight over warbird training
- 4 5 of the best summer destinations for pilots | Mediterranean islands & cities
- 5 Ryanair to recruit 2,000 pilots
- 6 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 7 Shapps announces independent body for CAA appeals
- 8 Flight Test: Vans RV-4 G-BZPH
- 9 Aviation Minister welcomes the resurgence of ‘heritage aviation’
- 10 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec