The Gyrocopter Experience opens at Popham Airfield
The new school at Popham - near to Basingstoke in Hampshire - will offer training and experience flights in open-cockpit and enclosed gyroplanes.
Training will be available at the site from August 2014.
Steve Boxall, who will be the Chief Instructor at the new site, said: “Popham is an iconic airfield dedicated to sport aviation. It has superb transport links thanks to the proximity of the M3, A303 and A34 and is ideally located for access from London, the South Coast and the Midlands.”
Steve is one of the UK’s most experienced gyroplane instructors and examiners, and will be offering training for the PPL(G), advanced flying courses and experience flights from his new base.
Booking slots are now open for those who wish to get dates in their diaries.
The company also has schools near to Perth, York, Oxford, Salisbury, Exeter and Carrickmore.
- 1 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter
- 2 Ryanair to recruit 2,000 pilots
- 3 Diamond DA50 now in the UK
- 4 Legal fight over warbird training
- 5 Shapps announces independent body for CAA appeals
- 6 The Penny Pilot: cost-sharing on private flights to avoid commercial regulations
- 7 5 of the best summer destinations for pilots | Mediterranean islands & cities
- 8 Flight test: Comco Ikarus C42C
- 9 Flight test: Piper PA-23-250 Aztec
- 10 Production Mustang replica flies!