Win a five-hour introduction package to helicopter flying valued at £1,800
- Credit: Archant
Simply answer three easy questions for your chance to win this incredible opportunity to get into helicopter flying.
For this exciting competition, Pilot has got together with Phoenix Helicopters to offer one lucky winner the prize of a five-hour introduction package to helicopter flying valued at £1,800.
Each hour of the five will begin with a flight briefing and short lesson, generally lasting twenty to thirty minutes, on what will be covered during the flight. The flight will then be followed by a debrief, also lasting twenty to thirty minutes.
Phoenix Helicopters is a helicopter training academy which also offers bespokeCharter and Pleasure Flying.
The company operates out of three bases: Goodwood Aerodrome in Sussex, Blackbushe Airport in the Camberley area and now Lee-on-Solent (see ‘Notes Airfields’, p.18).
Phoenix Helicopters has a fleet of seven aircraft: Robinson R22s and R44s, as well as a Guimbal Cabri G2.
For a chance to win this amazing prize, simply answer the following questions:
- 4 Flight test: Globe Super Swift
- 5 Flight test: Cessna 182C
- 6 Flight test: Sukhoi Su-29
- 7 Pilot interview with: Grant Shapps, Transport Secretary
- 8 100 years of Fournier: a history of aviation’s original ‘green’ promoter
- 9 Rolls-Royce Spirit of Innovation takes to the air
- 10 Ryanair to recruit 2,000 pilots
1.The Phoenix fleet Helicopters shown in the picture above are:
a) Guimbal Cabri G2s
c) Bell JetRangers
2. Lee-on-Solent, Phoenix’s newestbase, used to be:
a) Fleet Air Arm base HMS Daedulus
b) site of the Beagle Aircraft factory
c) a USAAF base
3. Phoenix Helicopters was originally establishedat Goodwood Aerodrome, also known for:
a) hosting the LAA Rally
b) being the site of AeroExpo
c) its historic motor racing circuit
To enter the competition, click here.
Closing date for entries is 23 December 2017. Full terms and conditions can be found here.